Monday, October 18, 2010

Twitter: Discussion

Using Twitter to discuss ideas and/or concepts is definitely faster than having an in-class discussion. It's even faster than having a BB discussion. I don't have to wait for someone to write something. I can make my own comment and get an immediate update when someone else tweets back. You don't need a face to post something so some people that may be shy in a class discussion can easily express their opinion online. With a BB discussion, it's not as fun to post comments. It seems more formal than Twitter.

One drawback to Twitter discussions is that there's a limited amount of characters to use, unlike BB where there's an unlimited amount. In order to get a detailed message across, a person would have to post at least three simultaneous comments. In class, you can hear everything a person says but its not written so you can forget what someone else says or a person can deny making a comment because there's no written proof.

Overall, I think Twitter would be a second choice for having a discussion because I like to talk and I'm not scared or too shy to stand in front of class to have a discussion or express my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment